Sunday, December 13, 2009

How do you re-press eyeshadow?

Is this even possible? I dropped my favorite color eyeshadow (limited edition- no more available) and it's now in shambles! all dusty and crumbly... the cover was closed when it happened, so most of it is still there. Is there any way to re-press it?How do you re-press eyeshadow?
Humidity might work, to get it to clump together... like, leaving it in the bathroom while you shower, and then putting a bit of plastic wrap over the eyeshadow and squishing it back together. But, it might not be enough to get it to stick together for long.





If it happened to me, I'd get a little jar or something at the craft store (or look around the kitchen for a little container), crush the eyeshadow the rest of the way, put it in the jar, and use a make-up brush to apply it.How do you re-press eyeshadow?
First of all, I'm sorry. I love my eyeshaddow to death, and if they stoped making it and it broke I think I would cry.





Why dont you try getting something flat that is around the same size as the container (if its round, try a shot glass) and just press really hard on it. I'm sure when they press eyeshaddow they do something much diffrent, but I think that is the best you can do without risking the quality of your wonderful eyeshaddow.





I dont know if you thought of this, but maybe a website sells them still. Search on ebay, overstock, and the company website and see if they have any left. My mom's favorite lipstick went away before they sold all the tubes, so where they kept all the makeup there were still a few boxes left. My mom called them up and ordered about 10 tubes of it. Although you cant buy it in stores, you can try calling people to see if you can still get it. Another thing that you can do is bring your eyeshaddow to any good makeup counter that lets you try on their makeup and ask them if you can compare your color to theirs. Just put a little on your hand side by side and see which one matches.





I really hope that you can find something to replace it once it runs out, and I really hope that you dont have to do this now.





Good luck.
eye tips
i'd try putting it in another container and using it as a loose powder, so you don't waste any of it trying to re-press it. also - try looking for it on ebay if it's discontinued... i've had a lot of luck with that!
I don't know if it can be repressed but you could go ahead and just break it up into loose powder and use it like you would powder eyeshadow instead of cake eyeshadow.
just by the same eye shadow again!
You can't repress it. If you check out Carmindy.com (she's the makeup artist from What Not to Wear), she says just to grab a film canister and empty it into that. Then you use an eyeshadow brush to use it instead of one of those applicators that come with it.





Hope this helps!
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    freckles