Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whats so great about MAC eyeshadow?

I read somewhere that the dark colors like carbon, kight divive, make a great smokey eye and are better quality. I tried it , theres no difference between it and my loreal black eyeshadow and i payed 3 times the money for the MAC.. Im going to return them now.


So whats so great about it? just hype?Whats so great about MAC eyeshadow?
Nothing at all honey! I totally agree. I have MAC shadows, revelon and Covergirl. They all seem to last about the same if im on a night out on the town. Being that it's summer, i find myself doing a little re-touch to my eyes when I hit the clubs though. At first, I was caught up in the hype with MAC makeup as well, however, now I realize that it's not as great as I thought. Their foundations work a little better than the regular on-shelf brands but if your cash is running low loreal will work just fine,lol! I want to move towards mineral makeup though, I heard it's really good. I hope I answered your question,lol! Goodluck!Whats so great about MAC eyeshadow?
You may not have experienced the full effect because you probably used your loreal brush on the mac shadows, since mac doesn't usually come with any brushes.


Get yourself a mac brush before you return them and then do your eyes separately - to compare differences - one eye mac with mac brush and one without


There is also a big difference in the consistencies - mac has a smoother, more even fill all the way through where as loreal comes apart - however, l'oreal in the states is way different than l'oreal in france - people love l'oreal in france and it gets rated as number 1 with clarins


Mac is definitely different when it comes to their use of color - it's just like really rich , and it's firm enough to have real staying power
I find a big difference between MAC and drugstore brands.


They wear a lot longer and the colours generally have a higher degree of pigment and quality.


They stay put as well, less flaking, if any.


I also like how MAC does not test on animals, whereas companies like Loreal, Maybelline, and Cover Girl do.


You get what you pay for.
People say that the pigmentation and color payoff are a better quality. I feel like this..If you have a GOOD base/primer (two-faced assurance) -(Urban decay Primer Potion) then you're fine. I like NYX shadows..and with a good base, they work just as good as MAC.If you've ever heard of WALES..its an eye shadow palette with great colors, very simialr to MAC. check out youtube, just type in WALES EYESHADOW PALETTE..the colors are very intense.





I purchased a MAC primer for the fine line under my eyes (to apply before soncealer so the concealer wont seep in my lines)..and it does NOTHING. thats $ gone down the drain.
so the deal with MAC is this....it used to be a very good line....it DID have good pigment and such. But MAC is now owned by a large corp. and since then (especially over the last 5 years) it has very much gone down hill. The quality now is poor. They do have some good products...many makeup artists still use and some live by their products, but, many are jumping off the MAC wagon...and fast! There are many other lines that are MUCH higher quality and worth every penny :)
actually, MAC pigments are only $4 more than L'oreal pigments.





MAC has a wide range of colors, does not test on animals, stays longer, and is easy to blend, which is important in a smoky eye.





i agree with phataway. application and brushes make a very big difference.
I agree with you 100%. L'Oreal does have better quality in shadows and they stay on, unlike MAC's. I have paid a lot for my MAC shadows as well. They all fade by the afternoon regardless of whether I am wearing eye primer or not. L'Oreal's, on the other hand, last until I take them off. It is just a hype with no merits-
Yes, it's just a hype. If you feel that your cheaper eyeliner is just the same, what's the point in buying the more expensive one? Many companies do this to trick consumers into thinking their product is better than anyone else's. Don't listen - you're making the right decision to return it.
Mac eyeshadow is high in pigment..the colors are bright and they last a long time...It is however a little bit more than drug store brands..i personally like mac eyeshadow because of the colors..


if you have any othe makeup question please e-mail me at





akemi_makeupexpert@yahoo.com
Yes, just hype. Some expensive makeup products are worth the money, and a lot of them aren't. It takes trial and error to figure out what works and what you like the best. At least you can take it back!
the many different colors the quality everything about it is amazing.
They got alot of colors, highly pigmented, and they last long.
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    freckles